No earth shattering news... I have been sick as a dog, which means eating regularly, but no exercising due to coughing and sinus issues. I am a pound below my pre-Christmas weight! I am now at 196.5. I keep thinking about how much lower that number could be if I could move around, but I have been on the couch or in the bed for the past few days. I think tonight I might try to get some activity in since I am finally on the road to recovery.
Maybe I am the only one who feels this way, but I have to share this.
So much of this is a mental struggle. It's not just about what I eat. It's not just about how much I exercise. I mean, January 2nd'ish, I was really fighting the thoughts of
- This is just where I need to stop.
- I should accept that I'm this size.
- I've done well. I can stop here and be proud of my accomplishment.
- I probably can't reach my goal anyway. How many times have I failed in the past?
- I could gain five pounds and still be able to fit into my clothes. No one would even know.
- I'm just not strong enough to do this. No one else feels the way I do. Everyone else is just zipping through their day...
Does anyone else fight through thoughts similar to these? Maybe it is just me - and that's OK. But, I find if I can just stick with it, despite my feelings, the numbers on the scale continue to move. And, I guess that's what matters. But it is harder to do it when I'm not always confident that I can do it.