Wednesday, January 2, 2008

To Resolve or Not to Resolve?

That is the question.

I really don't like the idea of resolutions. To me, they carry the connotation of "these are things I'd like to do, but I won't."

But, since I'm not perfect, why not take a moment or two and write down some thoughts on areas I could improve?

I've already been working toward losing weight, so I'm not even going to touch that one. But, I would like to make eating healthier and exercising my lifestyle. I want to start jogging and want to be able to jog an entire mile without stopping. Truly, I want to lose 40 more pounds by 6/14. All I can do is try, right?

I don't think I'll ever be a super duper people-can-drop-in-at-anytime housekeeper, but I would like to make a conscious effort to doing a better job in the day to day stuff. Plus, our room and our laundry room tend to be the "catch all" areas. They both need to be cleaned out. I'll try to do that by Feb. 29th. Sounds reasonable.

Less time in front of the tv. Which would probably help on the above two items.

Work on changing my attitude about people who get on my nerves. 'Nuff said.

Read the Bible more. Which would probably help on the above item.

Spending more time with those I love. Not being as stressed about things that don't matter. Try to be laying down, even if reading or watching tv, by 10:00 three nights a week.

I'm going to stop there. Goodness knows I can't make a list of all the things I need improvement on, but that's a good start!

Happy New Year!

No comments: