Thursday, July 26, 2007

Let the Fun Begin (or not)

There comes a time in every woman's life that she knows will come. She has dreaded that time and put it off as long as she can, but she knows it's coming whether she's ready or not.

I'm sure you've suffered from it.

We've all been there.

Now, the time has come for me.

Yes, folks, I went swimsuit. shopping.

At the end of July.

When everything is picked over and mismatched.

Non. Stop. Fun.

So, I did the best thing I could do.

I went online.

And, this is where the story actually picks up. I went to the Land*s End website and had remarkable luck! I bought a "tankini." It's two pieces, but I am completely covered. (Obviously.) AND (the fun continues) I got a very cute coordinating coverup, that came with a matching purse! Hubby and I are planning to go on a cruise in November (our first) and I felt like I needed a little something to make sure I'd feel comfortable. I'll be walking around in my suit a lot, so I thought I'd splurge a bit.

This is where it gets quite humorous.

I really don't know what swimsuits are supposed to cost. I am a bargain girl by nature and couldn't really tell you the last time I paid full price for anything.

So, I asked my friends this question: How much would you spend on a swimming suit?

I got the same reply most everytime: "That depends. What will it do?"

I cracked up! Like, it's a car that comes with features. "This is the deluxe. It has the ability to lift and separate at the top, slim and compress the middle, while not doing anything to accent the bottom."

What does it do?

Unfortunately, not even Land*s End offers magical swimsuits.

No comments: