Friday, February 15, 2008

100 Things About Me

In honor of my 100th post, I'm supposed to give you 100 things about me. Here goes...

  1. Lisa Kay is my real first and middle name.
  2. My favorite color is yellow.
  3. I have a bizarre ability to be able to recognize celebrity voices in commercials.
  4. I am constantly battling my weight.
  5. I love to shop.
  6. My New Year's Resolution is to spend less than $25 per month because I was shopping too much.
  7. So far, I'm keeping my resolution. (How much longer until February 29???)
  8. I am a huge fan of the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. Love them and love going to games.
  9. The shows on tv that I love, I hate to miss. The shows I watch are "The Office," "Lost," "The Biggest Loser," "Law & Order," "The Closer," "Dancing with the Stars," "Cold Case," and, if nothing else is on, "Desperate Housewives."
  10. I'm almost obsessed with "Lost." Love to read spoilers, read recaps done by others, and have even done 1 or 2 myself. My friends and I email each other the day after it airs to discuss the episode and theories and "did you see that?" moments.
  11. My favorite show used to be "Friends." Because of that, I know a lot of "Friends" trivia. I can dominate any "Friends" game. Unfortunately, that's not a skill that comes up often.
  12. I'm not "neat" by nature. I have to work at it.
  13. I am "clean" by nature. Truly, I'm a germophobe. I never take a trip without bringing Lysol and hosing down the hotel room.
  14. My favorite candy is Reese's Peanut Butter cups, but only when I can drink milk with them. Otherwise, I'm just not interested.
  15. I'm very tenderhearted. My eyes water whenever someone gets proposed to (even people I don't know on tv) and to quote from Steel Magnolias, "no one ever cries alone in my presence."
  16. In a group of strangers, I'm usually one of the quiet ones. In a group of friends, I'm usually one of the loud ones.
  17. I have a loud laugh.
  18. I love reading other bloggers' 100 Things post.
  19. I don't have a huge circle of friends, but the ones I have a very precious to me.
  20. I have a bit of a sarcastic sense of humor. I have to be careful when I post because I'm afraid it will either come across as mean or ignorant. If you could heard my tone, you'd know I was just showing my great sense of humor. (Did I mention I'm sarcastic?)
  21. I truly believe that God picked out Hubby for me.
  22. We started dating in high school.
  23. After my first date with him, I came home and said, "I'm not going out with him again."
  24. I changed my mind.
  25. I passionately love him.
  26. Neat story: hubby is 3 days older than I am. When we were dating, his mom and my mom were chatting about that. Come to find out, hubby was born via c-section, so they were in the hospital for several days. I was born at the same hospital. Which means that hubby and I spent the night in the nursery together when we were newborn babies. Cool, huh?
  27. My bday is New Year's day, so even though we are only 3 days apart, we are born in different years.
  28. I knew hubby was the one for me my senior year in high school.
  29. I can honestly say he's the only person I've ever been in love with.
  30. And I like it that way.
  31. We went to separate colleges, 2 hours apart, and still made it.
  32. I attended a college where I knew no one at all.
  33. It was challenging, but I'm glad I did it.
  34. Despite being outgoing, I was pretty shy about kissing him in front of the church when we got married. We high fived first. No one even remembered our kiss. And I like that just fine.
  35. I've had the same best friend since 7th grade.
  36. I can crochet decently.
  37. I can sew a few things, too.
  38. I also like to rubber stamp and make cards.
  39. Despite this, I don't really like the term "crafty." It makes me think of people making things out of popsicle sticks and chenille stems.
  40. There's nothing wrong with that if you're working with children, but I don't want people to associate that with my hobbies. As if I'd give you something for Christmas that I made out of old gum wrappers and held together with modge podge.
  41. My mom was an excellent crochet-er and seamstress.
  42. I had no interest whatsoever in learning her skills as a child/teenager/young adult.
  43. So, I paid to take classes to learn these things as an adult. I'm a real genius.
  44. My mom made most of my clothes, including Easter dresses, up until about the end of middle school.
  45. My friends thought I was so lucky because my mom made my clothes.
  46. I thought my friends were lucky because they got to "shop" for their clothes while I was at fabric store. (Never mind that I got to pick out the fabric and the style of the outfit.)
  47. I was chosen "Best Personality" for our senior class.
  48. I was thrilled with that.
  49. I wasn't considered popular in school, but I had a large circle of friends. I was one of those people that spoke to everyone and, as a result, I never really fit into a "group" at school.
  50. I never got in trouble in school. Never had detention or sent to the principal's office.
  51. I never had a curfew, as long I called to check in and let my parents know where I was.
  52. I've never had any alcohol or abused drugs.
  53. The only problem I gave my parents in high school was my attitude.
  54. From about the ages of 13-17, I thought my parents were absolute idiots. How they ever managed before I came along, I'll never know.
  55. What's really amazing is how intelligent they got between my ages of 18-22.
  56. If I my child ever spoke to me the way I spoke to my parents, I would have a hard time not slapping him/her on the mouth.
  57. My parents showed restraint.
  58. I did get (occasional - and deserved) spankings as a child, though.
  59. I am an only child.
  60. Hubby and I don't have children.
  61. I don't know if we will.
  62. Many people assume we are having fertility issues.
  63. We're not. (that we know of)
  64. We've just never felt that nudge to have one of our own.
  65. We love, love, love children. Other people's children.
  66. Sometimes I wonder if I'm maternal material.
  67. I've babysat toddlers and children.
  68. I've never changed a diaper.
  69. Sometimes, I wish God would just let me see a peek of the future so I could know what He has in store for us in that department.
  70. Hubby and I have a great dog, named Lou.
  71. She was a stray that we took home from a local park on Labor Day 2000.
  72. She was about 4 months old at the time.
  73. I had never had a dog before and was scared of them because of a mean doberman next door that chased me as a child.
  74. Lou is the sweetest dog and extremely low maintenance.
  75. She is afraid of men. We think she ran away because her original owner was unkind. Frankly, I'd like to show some unkindness to that person. Which isn't really the right attitude.
  76. Although we love her, we do realize she's a dog and don't treat her like a human.
  77. My mother and I have the same middle name.
  78. My mother passed away 9 months before I got married.
  79. I still miss her every day and wonder how my life would be different if she were still here.
  80. Other than accepting Christ, her death is the one event that affected my life more than anything else.
  81. However, I am not hopeless because I know I will see her again.
  82. My dad and I are very close.
  83. We like to "argue" current events, politics, and religion.
  84. Some people think we're actually angry, but we're truly just discussing the issues.
  85. We both enjoy it.
  86. I've attended the same church my entire life.
  87. My parents started attending there when they moved down from mountains of north Georgia.
  88. My dad still goes there, too.
  89. Ellijay is the name of a small town in north Georgia, where my parents grew up.
  90. Although I was raised in the Atlanta area, I have spent many weekends with my family in Ellijay.
  91. That's where my blog name came from. If I could live anywhere, Ellijay would be the place.
  92. I got my Bachelor's degree in early childhood education.
  93. All my life, I wanted to be a teacher. My mom died while I was student teaching and I think the teaching part of me died, too.
  94. I went back to school in 2004 and added on a certificate to get into the field I'm in now. I really like what I do.
  95. I currently work full time, but would prefer to work part time.
  96. God has been very good to me.
  97. He's blessed me beyond what I could ever deserve.
  98. I'm usually a happy person.
  99. When I've read others 100 list, they write about how difficult it is to come up with 100 things. This has been really easy for me to do.
  100. I wonder what that says about me.

No comments: