Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Weigh In - 11/7

Can you believe we are already a week into November? I know they say times goes by more quickly the older you get, but at this point I feel like I'll be 85 next month!!

OK, on to the weigh in.

I've lost 3 pounds this week! Last week I only lost one, so I guess this averages out OK. I'm really trying to make exercise more of a lifestyle and not a "I have to do this." I have dieted on and off (actually, yoyo-ed) for my entire 20's and I think this is the first time I am truly more focused on being healthy. I started this endeavor the least excited I've ever been. Ever. I started out just making a few small changes, seeing a few small results, decided I had to work more to get more and that's how it has taken off.

9.5 pounds to lose by 12/31!!!!

I found a great new food item at my Super T@rget this week. They have seasoned/mixed chicken from Chi-Ch!'s. I've only seen that brand of salsa before and when I read the nutritional info about the chicken, it wasn't bad at all. It's not seasoned cut up pieces of chicken, it is more of a consistency of shredded chicken bbq with lots of sauce. Anyway, it would be great on a burrito or whatever. I purchased some FF tortilla chips and put some lf shredded cheese on top and nuked it until the cheese was melted. Delicious chicken nachos for me on Sunday! I think it would also be good on a Mexican salad or something. Anyway, that's my food find for this week. If you decide to look for it, it's in a yellow bowl with red writing.

Hope you had a great week!

10 comments:

Karen said...

WOW! Way to go on the loss! That Chi-Chi's stuff sounds yummy! I'll have to look for it!

Anonymous said...

That is what I'm doing or starting to try to do is make small changes. Exercise use to be fun for me before Kids. Now I feel funny saying I have too. Time is flying by here also. I'll have to try your chicken idea this weekend. Oh,I wish I only had 9.5 to go. Congrats on the lost lbs. Good Luck!

Lisa Kay said...

Mystery Mom,

My 9.5 pound goal is just for the rest of this year. I still need to lose 40 more pounds next year.

Thanks for the comment,
Lisa Kay

My name is Michelle. said...

I'm *so* proud of you! Great job! BTW, or Target here has unbelievable prices on tuna pouches, in case you're interested. Particularly the family sized ones.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 3 pound loss!!! I understand that exercising can be easy to talk yourself out of but don't... truly you will feel so much better emotionally, physically, mentally then before. Even if it is just a walk go for it.

Mom said...

Congratulations!! You're doing great!

Diana Swallow said...

congrats on your loss, you are doing great!!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Wow, congrats on the great loss! You should make that goal with no problem by 12/31!
Path to Health

Everything Counts said...

Great job!!! I probably should have broken down my weight loss in parts like that! But I have lost 20 pounds in 2 months before, so I am hoping that I can do it again! I have almost lost 10 pounds (but it took longer than I expected), but it's not over till it's over! Right?!

Keep up the good work!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Congrats on the weight loss. I'm hoping to join you with some good news myself Wednesday.