Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Meme - 7 Weird Things About Me

Fortunately, I only have to list seven!

1.) I am almost obsessive about being late. I would prefer to be one hour early rather than five minutes late. I am getting better about this, depending on the function, but when it comes to things that begin at certain times (church, work, dr's appointments), I can really get myself worked up!

2.) My shoes must match my purse which must match my outfit. It's not like I have a rainbow to choose from, but I would never. Never. NEVER! wear brown pants, with brown shoes and a black or navy purse. Navy dress=navy shoes=navy purse. My three colors are black, brown, and navy, but in the summer, I can relax somewhat with some cool, funky, summer purses.

3.) I nearly always get the "C" key and the "V" key swapped on the keyboard. Just typing "navy" in #2 above meant that I backspaced about eleventy thousand times to keep it from being "nacy."

4.) When I doodle (like I'm on the phone and placed on hold), I always write mine and my husband's names over and over and over. Sometimes I sign it like it's for a Christmas card and sometimes it's just our names. I've done that since we were dating.

5.) I'm tender hearted. OK, especially tender hearted. Happiness, sorrow, those feelings in others or myself, people I know or those on tv, etc... I can get all choked up just watching it. Someone proposes on tv, my husband starts laughing 'cause he knows I'm already wiping the tears. Someone wins $25k on "Wheel of Fortune" and I get choked up just thinking about how that can improve that person's life or what it could do for ours. OK, I'm a little embarrassed to put that out there for everyone to know.

6.) I can be a grammar snob. I'm not perfect by any means, but I do have my rules that I know by heart and it really bugs me when I hear others break them. For example, "When they gave the gift to JB and I..." No. No! Just break down the sentence, "When they gave the gift to JB. When they gave the gift to ME. Therefore, when they gave the gift to JB and me." Or... "Me and her are going to the store." Becomes "I am going to the store. She is going to the store." Therefore, "She and I are going to the store." Sometimes it sounds weird, but just break is down, people! I'll keep on going. "She's smarter than me." I confess - that sounds totally normal. But, put the verb at the end of the sentence. "am" "She's smarter than I AM." Not "me am." That's what 3 year olds say. And they don't know any better. I also can't stand your for you're and its for it's. It's a contraction! If you can't say you are or it is, don't use an apostrophe. OK, rant over.

7.) I know "Friends" trivia like crazy! I can quote episodes, remember minute details, know recall happened next, etc. Anyone else out there know that Rachel's middle name was Karen? I doubt it! I'm not necessarily proud or ashamed of this fact, but it's just the way it is. "Friends" was one of my favorite tv shows. It lost a lot of its (no apostrophe) spunk once Monica and Chandler moved in together, but a great show, well written. Loved it!

OK, I'm through. Thankfully, the meme only called for 7 weird things, or else I would still be going. And going. And going.

1 comment:

Jeana said...

Could you BE any weirder?

Chandler was my favorite.