Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Weigh In 12/19

I've lost two pounds this week, putting my weight at 197.5. This is the least I've weighed since my weight gain began in 1999!! My total weight loss since I began in September is 35 pounds!

I wore a green suit to church Sunday and I guess the way it was cut was flattering because several people commented that they could tell I've lost weight. It was so nice to hear! I went out last night and bought a new pair of jeans - size 14! Women's sizes are so crazy!! I also bought a pair of dress pants - in size 16. I bought dress pants last week in size 14. The number on the tag isn't as important to me as the number on the scale. And, that's not as important noticing my other clothes are now WAY too big. I know "they" (the experts?) say not to let a number (clothing size or weight) affect us, but I am a numbers person and I like to have something to measure myself with. And, no, I haven't taken my measurements. I know I should, but I just haven't bothered...

What's your plan for the holidays? My plan is to be extra diligent for all meals, except for the 2 special family meals, one on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I'll also be bringing some crocheting and fruit so that I can keep my hands busy and have something to munch on since it is the day for eating! I also plan on being pretty "good" during my meal, so I can enjoy a dessert - or two - and it not blow the entire week. I've decided if I maintain this week, that is OK. And, I should have some extra time off work, so maybe I can squeeze in an extra workout just to help out.

Merry CHRISTmas to you and your family!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Congrats on the weight loss. You are doing an amazing job. I wish I could wear a size 14 pants but unfortanetly that is where I am storing the last of my fat... eventually I will get there though.

Mom said...

Congratulations. Womens sizing is terrible. Very unreliable. It's frustrating.

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

COngrats! 2 pounds is awesome! Enjoy your Christmas and it sounds like you have a good plan this week.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

That is wonderful! Congrats on the loss and the different clothes sizes! Get rid of those too big clothes! :-) MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Path to Health