Wednesday, September 12, 2007

WFMW - Cream Cheese Poundcake







Shannon is hosting Works for Me Wednesday and I thought I'd pass along my latest find. This is a super easy recipe and always a crowd pleaser.


Charlotte's Cream Cheese Pound Cake

1½ cups butter
1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese
pinch of salt
3 cups sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla
6 eggs
2 cups cake flour *see below

Combine butter and cream cheese. Add sugar and cream well. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in flour and salt; add vanilla. Bake in greased pan. Start in cold oven and bake at 300 degrees for 2 hours.


This was actually too much cake batter for my bundt pan, so I poured some into a loaf pan and took it to work.


**I have never bought cake flour in my life. Since this recipe called for it (and Charlotte told me it was important), I looked through my cookbooks and found a substitution. You'll need a table spoon of cornstarch, a one cup measuring cup, and a sifter. Get your measuring cup and add one tablespoon of cornstarch. Fill the measuring cup the rest of the way with all purpose flour. Sift it 2 times and it equals one cup of cake flour. So, for this cake, I did that twice.


Easy recipe without having to buy special ingredients - Works for Me!

4 comments:

Ms. Kathleen said...

This sounds delicious and thanks for the cake flour tip. I have never used it either. Thanks so much and have a wonderful day!

Miranda said...

This sounds wonderful! I have some cream cheese that needs used up. Thanks for the cake flour tip, too.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm! That sounds so good!

Janis Rodgers said...

This sounds great! I can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!